Another set of notes on my Microsoft SME network project, this time on the LGPO, the Policy Editor; my first set of links relate to logon/logoff scripts and hopefully scripting configuration changes. Here are my notes. …
I need to do a bit more but it seems that there are three sets of tools available or Frameworks, here is one which is alternatively called SCM, is this pronounced Scom? 😉
- How to Use Security Compliance Manager in Windows Server 2016 , from a site called techsupportpk
- lmgtfy: q=how to write an lgpo script
- Scripting Group Policy Objects,. from IT Pro, the pictures seem to have gone.
- How to edit Local Group Policy with script?, from Stackexchange, which mentions powershell 👍
- Configure the Windows logon scripts to run, from Forcepoint
- How to create and run PowerShell script file on Windows 10, from windows central?
- LGPO.exe – Local Group Policy Object Utility, v1.0, from Microsoft
- Using the secedit command-line tool, from Microsoft’s “Administer security policy settings”
- Microsoft’s Security Compliance Manager, its download page, see also Microsoft’s Free Security Tools – Microsoft Security Compliance Manager Tool (SCM) which hints at the relationship between LGPO and SCM, because what worries me is the local?
- Windows PowerShell Desired State Configuration Overview, the beginnings of infrastructure as code