Post election, I wanted to make some sankey diagrams. My usual data visualisation tools are Excel or Libre Calc and I don’t think they include this charting option, but I want to do it. Here are my unfinished notes …
- How to make a sankey diagram in excel, by google
- Here’s an article on using Excel & VBA.
- A cloud based generator, needs investigating,
- as does this one, http://sankeymatic.com/
- A blog article on Microsoft’s Power BI blog about Sankey diagrams (I have done this twice before).
- And what google suggests foe Libre Office.
- Here’s a list at a site called Sankey Diagrams.
- And it seems, there’s always Tableau.
Quite a few articles point at “R”.
The Microsoft answer is Power BI,- here’s their Getting Started page, and is it free? This page suggests it might be … but then you may have to deal with a new DML.
Featured Image: from datascience-enthusiast.com/