Labour 19 & Brexit
I wrote a piece on the LP Brexit debate at #lab19 and in the next few days a number of people commented on the debate, I thought I’d make a little wiki article, bookmarking them; some of these articles are mirrors made by me. As ever, for more, see overleaf/below …
- Stephen Bush, in the ‘Statesman on the Polls and electoral strategy Boris Johnson electoral strategy working – Stephen Bush
- Mason, in the ‘Statesman in March 2019, “To defeat an insurgent far-right, Labour must resist Brexit with all its force”
- Full Brexit in the ‘Statesman, in April 2019, in the ‘statesman, “To defeat the far right, the left must embrace a socialist and internationalist Brexit”
- Jonathan Lis, in the ‘statesman on Labour’s decision to stay neutral “Labour’s decision to remain neutral on Brexit could destroy its delection hopes”
- ‘The Full Brexit’: a bridge to the far right, from Shiraz Socialism.
- Shiraz Socialist on the Labour decision, The end of Corbynism as Labour revives Wilson’s stance
- Here’s Tendance Coatsey in Sept, he published a lot, on Riots, Scargill & Galloway, Carl Schmidt, a press review, a personal preview, the impact of Fisher’s resignation and more!
- Paul Mason on Medium, with a preview and post vote comment.
- Michael Chessum at another europe’s blog.
Here are some polling results suggesting that Labour’s constructive ambiguity has reached the end of the road.
- “In, out, shake it all about”: Why Labour should now oppose Brexit”
- Exclusive polling reveals that Labour Leavers have the softest commitment to Brexit, in Prospect Magazine.
- Labour Leavers: The lowest of the high-hanging fruit, at Delta Poll, the data for the Prospect article above.
Image Credit: from the spectator, found via google and cropped, stored for reasons of addressability, longevity & performance.